Oct 16, 2018
Ways To Get Rid of the “Afternoon Slump”
Signs You’ve Hit Your “Afternoon Slump”
You know you’ve hit your slump for the day if you experience the following symptoms:
- Sleepy feeling or constant yawning
- Falling asleep while working
- A desire to eat more carbs
- Weakness in the muscles
- Changes in vision
- Sudden mood swings
There are many reasons why slumps occur. You could be under a lot of stress or not getting enough sleep at night. Perhaps you’ve not been eating as well as you should, or maybe you suffer from a metabolic disorder, such as pre-diabetes, hypoglycemia, or polycystic ovarian syndrome, also known as PCOS. Whatever the cause of your slump, your next steps should be to get rid of it.
How To Beat It
You actually have a lot of control over beating your afternoon slump. Granted, a metabolic disorder may be more difficult to overcome, but you can still give it your all to reclaim your energy. Here are a few simple ways to banish that afternoon fatigue:
- Grab a Catnap: A quick power nap might be just the thing to reinvigorate your mind. Remember: You don’t want to sleep for hours, which could disrupt your nighttime rest. Ideally, your nap should be no more than 20 minutes.
- Drink More Water: Dehydration can make you feel more tired than usual, so make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Keep a large water bottle at your desk as a reminder.
- Take a Brisk Walk – Outside: Getting up and moving your muscles increases your heart rate, which can help you feel more energized. In addition, exposure to bright sunlight for around 10 minutes may also help you feel more awake.
- Smell an Energizing Aroma: Inhaling certain scents, such as rosemary, citrus, eucalyptus, or peppermint, can help you feel invigorated. You might even keep one of these plants near your desk for such purposes.
- Eat an Energizing Lunch or Snack: Diet may play a larger part in your afternoon slump, so be sure to eat a protein-packed snack or lunch with our energy-enhancing supplements.
How To Beat It
Some of our supplements, such as Neuro+IQ Focus Formula, combined with a healthy diet can help your brain focus and your body feel more energized. This is because we pack it with natural, non-GMO ingredients to enhance your body’s capabilities. We’ve even included plenty of antioxidants, B vitamins, and vitamin D3 – so you can get the most out of your walk in the sunshine and a healthy meal. If you’re looking for a natural way to beat that “afternoon slump,” improve your sleep quality, boost your energy, enhance your mood, protect your vision, and improve your memory, supplements such as our Neuro+IQ Focus Formula can help. Contact Science Natural Supplements to learn more about our products and how we can get you on the path to more energy and a healthier lifestyle today.